How To Prepare:
- Carefully score skin only in a criss-cross pattern.
- Place breast skin-side down in a cool, non-stick pan. Gradually turn up heat to Med-High.
- After 9-10 minutes, skin should be crisp, golden brown.
- Remove most of rendered fat from pan, flip breast over and sear for 2 minutes.
- Place breast in oven-proof pan in pre-heated 325F oven for 7-10 minutes (internal temp. 130-135F).
- Remove from oven, allow to rest for 3-5 minutes. Slice. Serve.
食譜: 超簡易鹽水鴨胸 鹽鴨 鹹鴨 How to make Salted Duck Breast (easy way)How To Prepare:
- 3 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sichuan pepper -Dry-Freid in pan for 5 min low heat
- Pat dry duck with paper towel- rub duck with salt and sichuan pepper-put into container and leave in fridge overnight.
- Boil pot water-add 3 clove of star anise-some bay leaf- insert duck-boil instruction-make sure to cover pot
- 5 min on high
- 15 min on low
- 15 away from stove to simmer.
- Cut and feel like a Sichuan master chef!
Natural and Responsible Farming
For over 65 years and four generations of our family, we have remained true to time-honoured farming practices that epitomize integrity in sustainable, responsible farming.
Clean Label Ingredients
Good food is clean food; “clean” of additives and unnatural elements that affect the integrity of taste and nutrition. Our clean label: No hormones or growth stimulants. No food colouring or additives, phosphate free and gluten free. Nitrates are used in several fully-cooked products to ensure a 30-day refrigerated shelf-life, standard in North American food retail.
Animal Welfare & Humane Handling
King Cole has long been heralded for its leadership and stewardship in the area of animal care. Ducks are raised free run in large spacious barns with plenty of fresh air ventilation, unlimited water and natural feed. Many barns are bedded down with recycled fresh wood shavings daily and others are washed out for maximum sanitary conditions.
Leaders in Recycling
Good things come from reducing, reusing, and recycling. King Cole’s goal has been 100% usage of the product we produce and our waste is an important part of that sustainable story. We purchase wood shavings from local wood-working companies to use as bedding on a variety of our farm locations. At the end of each cycle, barns are cleaned thoroughly and the manure-laden shavings are removed to our compost site. Twenty years of composting experience allows us to create a clean, odourless, consistent, all-natural soil enhancer that boasts a neutral PH level. Gardeners and green trades alike will vouch for the “growing power” of King Cole’s duck compost. Our own land is farmed with cash crops that receive a bi-annual dose of duck fertilizer for increased crop yields. In addition, two-thirds of our water is completely recycled and used to clean the barns as part of our intensive sanitation protocols.